Techcombank stock financial statements analysis (TCB) Q2 2021 – Techcombank is one of the largest joint stock commercial banks in Vietnam and always receives much attention from domestic and foreign investors. Techcombank has continuously made remarkable progress in both scale and profit growth over the past years. Let’s analyze Techcombank stock financial statements for the second quarter of 2021 to better understand the bank’s operations:
Evaluation of business results – Techcombank stock financial statements analysis (TCB) Q2 2021:
Techcombank stock financial statements analysis (TCB) profit after tax in Q2 2021 increased by nearly 1,894 billion VND (up 67%) compared to Q2 2020, the main reason for this growth came from the increase in net interest income by nearly 2,649 billion VND (up 67%), Specifically for two reasons:
- Interest income and similar income in Q2 2021 increased by VND 2,090 billion (up 32%) compared to Q2 2020, due to credit growth increased by 35% (loans to customers increased by more than VND 81,000 billion).
- Interest and similar expenses in the second quarter of 2021 decreased by 559 billion dong (down by 21 percent), caused by lower deposit interest rates, and the bank was able to mobilize cheap capital.
According to the information that the bank’s lending interest rate will decrease from July 2021 to support customers affected by Covid, the reduction in lending interest rates to support customers will more or less affect the bank’s profit in the future. next quarters. However, if the deposit interest rate continues to be kept at a stable level in the following quarters, plus the bank is allowed to expand the credit room, in our opinion, Techcombank’s profit will not be affected much and will still maintain its speed. current growth.
Financial situation assessment – Techcombank stock financial statements analysis (TCB) Q2 2021:
Techcombank stock financial statements analysis (TCB) total capital in the second quarter of 2021 increased by 108,443 billion (up 27%) compared to the second quarter of 2020, the reason for the increase in total capital came from the following 3 main reasons:
- Deposits and loans of other credit institutions increased by 47,064 billion (up 108%)
- Customer deposits increased by 39,477 billion (up 16%)
- Undistributed profit after tax increased by 14,519 billion (up 55%)
The bank’s total capital increases equivalent to the increase in total assets, the bank allocates capital to the following main assets:
- Loans to customers increased by more than 81,000 billion (up 35%)
- Increase investment securities by 18,000 billion (up 27%)
- Techcombank Stock item assets in Q2 2021 were focused on promoting growth in customer loans and investment securities, which helped increase the bank’s net profit margin (NIM).
Comparative assessment of banking indicators – Techcombank stock financial statements analysis Q2 2021:
Techcombank Q2 2021 many important indicators are improved better than Q1 2021 (although Q1 2021 this bank has been evaluated very well), let’s evaluate and compare the following criteria:
The operating expense ratio (CIR) in Q2 2021 was 28.1%, down 0.6% compared to Q1 2021.
The rate of CASA demand deposits in Q2 2021 is 42.7%, equivalent to the rate of Q1 2021.
The bad debt ratio in the second quarter of 2021 was 0.36%, down 0.02% compared to the first quarter of 2021.
NPL coverage ratio in Q2 2021 is 259%, an increase of 40% compared to Q1 2021.
Net profit margin in Q2 2021 was 1.42%, down 0.02% compared to Q1 2021.
ROE in Q2 2021 is 5.7%, up 0.1% compared to Q1 2021.
Earnings per share EPS Q2 2021 is VND 1,371/share while Q1 2021 is VND 1,254/share.
The above is a brief overview of business operations when analyzing Techcombank stock financial statements analysis, we assess that the bank still maintains its growth rate and effectively controls bad debts. With the right strategies, we believe that Techcombank’s potential will grow even stronger in the future.
Other articles of interest: